Pathways V5.3 Features
Pathways V5.3 includes a number of improvements over previous versions. Here
are its main areas of improvement:
- Prior versions of Pathways were offerred for free, but registration was required
within 30 days of first use. The 30 day restriction has been removed. Now you
can use it unregistered for as long as you want, but with a "registration reminder"
pop-up at startup. Once registered, the reminder disappears. As before,
registration is free.
- Pathways V5.3 has improved capability for Financial Accounting. Pathways was
originally designed as a goal-oriented approach to family time and money management,
but we have found that some charitable organizations are also using it. Therefore
some features have been added in order to accommodate their needs:
- There is a new capability to produce receipts.
- There is a new capability for importing transactions information (for example,
- Pathways V5.3 includes a new "PWAdvisor" program that replaces the old PWReader.
PWAdvisor is a basic expert system that enables an author to define an "advice book"
that contains advice on one or more topics. It also lets the author define questions
and predefine various different pieces of advice that depend on the answers. In previous
editions of Pathways, the PWReader was an "advice player" but it didn't have any
features for authoring the advice. The PWAdvisor program bundled with Pathways V5.3
is both an authoring tool as well as the player.
- Pathways now includes support for double-sided printing (an unfortunate omission
from previous versions is now corrected!).
- Various other small improvements and bug fixes have been incorporated.